reopenmamacrash

Kaaren Shalom & Richard Gilligan cosmodog at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 15:02:58 CDT 2003

Hi,

I was attemping to confirm Ian Pilcher's misbehaving GL scenario (bug
#118954) when I came across this crash.  Basically you do "save as",
edit the new file, open the original file, and crash.

Would anyone care to confirm this?

I am using gnucash 1.8.4 from fink and macosx 10.2.5 with apple x
window system 0.2.1

====================
reopenmamacrashscript
====================
Start gnucash

Do menu>file>open
Browse for mama (any gnucash datafile will do)

Do menu>file>save_as child (any new name will do. I didn't try putting
child in a different directory from mama)

Do menu>tools>general ledger (I didn't try using a register)

In the GL edit a debit and credit from an existing transaction (I
didn't try editing any other fields or making a new tx.  (You might
need to do menu>view>select_transactions>date_range>show_all in order
to see the existing transactions)

Do menu>enter
DO NOT do save (I did try saving and the crash won't happen)

Do menu>file>open
Click yes to the save dialogue (if you don't see this dialogue...maybe
you did  "save" in the last step?)

Browse for mama (or type mama in the box)
Click OK

Get crash window