Problem with configure to build gnucash 1.8.5

Guglielmo Pasa guglielmo.pasa at bluewin.ch
Thu Aug 21 21:14:40 CDT 2003

On running configure in the gnucash dir I get the following issue :
checking if scanf supports %lld conversions... yes
checking for ltdl.h... yes
checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 0.99.7... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) yes
checking for dl.h... no
checking for ghttp_ssl.h... no
checking for utmp.h... yes
checking for locale.h... (cached) yes
checking for mcheck.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for wctype.h... yes
checking for dlopen... (cached) no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... (cached) no
checking for dlopen... (cached) no
configure: error: Dynamic linking is not available on this platform.
Some apps

Up to now I never had problems building apps and shared libs. What's the
problem ? I have glibc-2.3.2 , gcc-3.2.3.