ver 1.8.5: still have problem with Menus

doug foskey lemans4 at dodo.com.au
Sat Aug 23 12:00:01 CDT 2003

Hi,
  I have upgraded to 1.8.5 (no operational problems, except for menus, as
before with 1.8.1.) on Mdk 9.1 (Thanks to those whose effort generated the
rpms) This problem has been the same in both versions.
  My problem is that in Reports, 'Transaction Report', then with 'options' to
change the dates, etc. I find the menu disappears off the bottom of the
screen, so I cannot see or click on the box to accept the changes.
  In Gnome, I cannot move the box up at all (so never see the 'Defaults' box
or any more), but in KDE I can move the top menu off the screen, so I see the
top of the 'default' box when I hide the lower screen menu.
  I have tried changing fonts, sizes, & interbox gaps (& also the pixel size
in Advanced font setup in Gnome) in both KDE & Gnome, but the box seems to
stay the same size.
  I suspect this is a problem with my system/setup but have run out of places
to look. (Can someone tell me what generates the mentioned box, as it may be
a setup problem in that module/program, perhaps.)

Thanks Doug

Ps: My box is an old Intel dual P3/450, with Cirrus Logic on board Graphics,
with limited graphics memory, which is possibly related to my problem (no AGP
slot on board unfortunately)