OFX Online Banking

Brian stop_spam at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 24 15:14:44 CDT 2003

Hi Art,
AFAIK, it is not really like connecting to your bank's
site with GNUCash.  What I do with 1.8.4+, is go to your
bank's site with your browser and there should
be something about
using Quicken and with Royal Bank of Canada at
least, I can choose the format.  I choose OFX and click
save, (not sure of the exact button text, here).  Inside
GNUCash, click File->Import->OFX and find the file.  The
first time it will give you account numbers and ask
you to match with accounts in GNUCash.  Then go to it. I
find it can take a long time for the CPU to match, (I am
guessing), with the importing process.

> I am new to GNUCash and have been searching for the Online Banking
> setup. I have not found this in help or anywhere. Can anyone please
> point me to a setup howto or something for this?

Brian