OFX Online Banking

Bill Suit bsuit at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 25 09:40:31 CDT 2003

Art's answer is accurate and I'll add that .qif importation leaves so
much to desire that I would consider almost any other way to accomplish
your task. If you're going to use .qif then consider naming your files
in gnucash identically as they are coming in from quicken. It will make
matching that much easier.

Another thing I haven't seen written about is a very basic thing that
took me several months to discover. On my bank's web site (Bank of
America) I have 5 choices on how to dnld my day's activities:

a quicken button
a ms money button
dnld as a 2 digit qif
dnld as a 4 digit qif
dnld as a text file

Since I was not dnlding to quicken or money and I knew gnucash handled
.qif files that's what I suffered through for my first couple of months
with gc. I finally got so frustrated with .qif that for the hell of it I
tried the quicken button and then the money button and discovered what
everyone else already might know and that is the quicken button will
give you a .qfx file and money will give you and ofx file. No duh factor
here :>) I've been a happy camper since, as I now use the money button
for ofx. Hope my ignorance helps you and others. Bill