balancing gnucash against bank checking account

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Fri Aug 29 16:23:10 CDT 2003

Benoit Grégoire wrote:
> We really should revisit the naming of these and documentation of those
> "balances".

Documentation?!  Did someone say documentation?  :)

I've grepped around the docs, and I cannot find these items anywhere.
Anyone know where they are in the docs?

Anyway, assuming they do not exist, I was thinking to put your
definitions in Chapter 2 "The Basics" in the section 2 entitled "The
GnuCash Interface", subsection 4 "Account Register Window":

http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v1.8/C/gnucash-guide/basics_interface1.html

Sound good?

Do we have a "name" for the line in the UI that contains the "Present",
"Future", "Cleared", "Reconciled", and "Projected Minimum" totals?

For example, the top line of this UI is the "Pulldown Menus", next is
the "Toolbar", next is ???, next is the "Account Register".

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil