Install problem for 1.8.5 missing ltdl.h file during configure

robert frosterrj at self-serv.net
Sat Aug 30 10:26:45 CDT 2003

Hi,
downloaded the .tar file for 1.8.5 on a Mandrake 9.1 box, and got the
following error during configure:
>checking for ltdl.h... no
>configure: error: Cannot find ltdl.h -- libtool-devel not installed?

I had already installed libgnucash0-1.8.5-2mdk.i586.rpm, and havent seen
a libtool-devel package listed on any of the gnucash mirrors - maybe its
there, just didnt see it?
I tried to find what package provides the ltdl.h file, but not sure I
did it correctly.  Here's my syntax, please correct if wrong:

>rpm -qf ltdl.h /usr/bin
>error: file ltdl.h: No such file or directory
>filesystem-2.1.3-8mdk
>arts-1.1.0-2mdk
>opera-7.11-20030515.1

Also, I use KDE, so could this be a problem?  I have all the Gnome
libraries that I know of since I also use Evolution as my primary mail
client (under KDE as well).

Thanks for the help

RF

--