report crashes gnucash

Jonathan Ard ard at cs.oberlin.edu
Thu Dec 18 17:11:12 CST 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 02:20:17PM -0800, Klaus Neumann wrote:
> >Klaus Neumann <klaus.neumann at verizon.net> writes:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>running gnucash 1.8.8 on Gentoo, kernel 2.4.20r8, everything works
> >>fine, except reports. If I click on any report to open, gnucash
> >>crashes immediately. Tried to recompile gtkhtml and gnucash, but it
> >>didn't solve the problem. Any ideas?

  You know, the exact same thing happens to me.  I'm running Gentoo with kernel 2.4.23, with GnuCash 1.8.8, but I had the problem way back with 1.8.5, I think.  It was all working fine, and then one day it started crashing.  I compiled the development version of GnuCash awhile back, and the same thing happens.  I always thought it was just something about my particular account.  I thought maybe it was too big, but I haven't had the time to track it down yet.  I don't think the CFLAGS would have anything to do with it, because when I compiled the dev version, I did it manually, not with portage, so I wouldn't have been using my CFLAGS.  Maybe I should recompile guile?
  It really isn't that big of a deal to me at the moment, because I haven't had much time to look at it, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm willing to try them.

Jonathan