Problem with the mortgage/loan druid

Neil Carlson nnc at newmexico.com
Mon Feb 3 17:45:39 CST 2003

I installed the new 1.8 rpm from sourceforge today (been using 1.6)
and am poking around with the new features.  I've found the following
error with the mortgage/loan druid.  Create a simple loan with a
short term (e.g. $1000, 12%, 3 months, no extra stuff).  If you look
at the final review page you'll see 4 payments instead of 3, and the
sum of the principle payments is greater than the loan amount.
Comparing to my own amortization utility, the first entry is bogus
and shouldn't be there; the others are correct.  Indeed, the first
payment corresponds to the start date of the loan; it should be one
month later.  Looks like an off-by-one error to me.

Neil

PS: Many thanks to all the developers; gnucash is fantastic!
--
Neil Carlson <nnc at newmexico.com>