Yet another dependency question....

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 4 18:27:13 CST 2003

Hi,

> I encountered the very same dependency problem.  It arises from
> g-wrap-1.3.4-1 (and I always install the complementary devel packages).
> It complains that it requires libguile.so.12 and libqthreads.so.12

Where did you get this RPM?  Looking at the RH7.3 g-wrap-1.3.4 RPMS
I certainly don't see this dependency.  I _just now_ pulled down
the g-wrap RPM at:

        http://www.gnucash.org/pub/g-wrap/redhat-7.x/g-wrap-1.3.4-1.i386.rpm

And I see:

--> rpm -qp --requires /tmp/g-wrap-1.3.4-1.i386.rpm
guile
/sbin/ldconfig
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
ld-linux.so.2
libc.so.6
libdl.so.2
libglib-1.2.so.0
libguile.so.6
libgwrap-wct.so.1
libm.so.6
libqthreads.so.0
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)

So, it's clearly depending on libguile.so.6 (i.e. guile-1.3.4, which
is what Red Hat distributes with Red Hat 7.3).  For kicks I pulled
down the g-wrap-devel package from the same place, but it has even
fewer dependencies.

So, basically -- where did you get these RPMs?  They are clearly the
wrong g-wrap RPMS for your system; they clearly are NOT rpms for Red
Hat 7.3.  It is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL that you install matching
guile/g-wrap/gnucash packages.

So, I recommend you remove all gnucash/g-wrap rpms, make sure you have
guile-1.3.4-19 (NOT guile-1.6 -- remove that, too!), and then you can
install the CORRECT g-wrap and gnucash RPMS.

I hope this helps,