Trouble with the install and dependencies

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 5 10:08:48 CST 2003

Hi,

First, please continue to CC: gnucash-user.. The archives can usually
help other users...

"Crystal" <crystal at apathyiscool.com> writes:

> > "psyntist" <psyntist at 3jane.net> writes:
> >
> >> So, I did this --nodeps.  Guncash loaded just fine but it is no
> >> running.  I have a Gnucash icon in my GUI menu and when I click
> >> nothing happens.  I was able to uninstall it and then I ran rpm -ivv
> >> to look at what was happening.  I saw that I was also missing Guppi.
> >> So I installed that and then reran rpm -ivv and the only dependency I
> >> was missing was F::Q, so I reran rpm --nodeps but Gnucash still does
> >> not run.  Any help?
> >
> > Try running "gnucash" from a terminal and seeing what, if anything, it
> > complains about?
>

> OK, this is what I got "ERROR: no such module (g-wrap gw-wct)"  When I ran
> rpm it said yes to both of these modules.

What do you mean by "when you ran rpm it said yes to both of these modules"?

This error means that you can't load the g-wrap module, which means
either that you don't have g-wrap installed, or you have a mismatch
between the g-wrap and guile systems on your machine.  What do you get
from:

        rpm -q g-wrap
        rpm -q guile