Depencies... Endless Supply

Pete Gustafson waterskikid at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 20:52:45 CST 2003

Hi All,

Newbie question:  I started trying to install 1.8.0 on
HP Pavilion (PIII) running off the shelf Mandrake 9.0.
 I of course ran into several known dependency issues
that have been discussed at length in this user
digest.  The problem is that each solution seems to
lead to a new problem.  Some even seem to require
backwards installations.  (IE I try to install
libgnucash 1.8.0 and it asks for libraries from 1.6.7)

Does anybody have a collective tar file with all the
required libraries etc?  I know this is platform
dependent, but surely there must be a user in a
similar situation.  Thanks in advance if anybody does.

Pete Gustafson