Installing documentation

Glenn Johnson glennpj at charter.net
Mon Feb 17 18:15:49 CST 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 05:24:14PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Glenn Johnson <glennpj at charter.net> writes:
>
> > For GnuCash itself, yes, because it builds and runs fine.  For the
> > docs, perhaps not.  I have the dependencies listed in the README but
> > perhaps there is something not listed that I need and do not have.
> >
> > That said, the documentation is all built and installed, I just can
> > not get to it from within GnuCash.  I can view all of the html files
> > for the guide and tutorial in a Web browser by navigating to the
> > files in the browser.
>
> Hmm.. can you "strace" (or truss, or whatever) the gnucash app and see
> what it's trying to load when it tries to open the docs?

Yes, ktrace.  It was a lot of output but I see the problem.  GnuCash is
looking in /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/gnome/help/gnucash.  That double gnome
is the problem.

The FreeBSD port sets the GNOME datadir to ${PREFIX}/share/gnome, so in
my case it was /usr/X11R6/share/gnome.  The configure script of GnuCash
sets GNC_HELPDIR to $(datadir)/gnome/help/gnucash so that is where the
double "gnome" is coming from.  I have fixed it now.

Thanks everyone for the help.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj at charter.net