Compiling/installing gnucash-1.8.1: an oddity

Chris Vine chris at cvine.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 23:11:38 CST 2003

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 11:02 pm, Chris Vine wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 February 2003 8:18 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Ahh... Are you setting LIBRARY_PATH when you do this?  See the RPM Spec
> > file for an example, but you need to do something like:
> >
> >         env LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/gnucash/lib:/tmp/gnucash/lib/gnucash make
> > install DESTDIR=/tmp/gnucash
>
> No, I don't do this.  I thought the Makefile's use of DESTDIR was intended
> to get round the libtool bug without any further action being required.  I
> have never had to do this with gnucash-1.6, or other packages.
>
> This still doesn't get around the strangest part, that it compiles and
> installs under Gnome, but not when compiled under windowmaker.
>
> Is it possible that you and the other developers haven't come across this
> because you all use Gnome?

To follow up my own post with regard to my first paragraph, and to make sure I
am accurate, the problem may exist in gnucash-1.6 when not compiled/installed
under gnome (and with other packages), because I have always compiled it/them
running gnome-2 or gnome-1.4 before.  I only noticed it because I just
happened to be using windowmaker at the time.  I cannot say what happens when
compiling/installing gnucash-1.6 in those circumstances.

It is very strange.

Chris.