gnucash-1.8.1; Euro sign and german texts/menus don't work

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Fri Feb 14 15:23:38 CST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 15:16, Burkard Meyendriesch wrote:
> On 14 Feb 2003 13:30:24 -0500 Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 06:32, Burkard Meyendriesch wrote:
> > > Maybe I found the reason for gnucashs i18n problem: an strace(1) of
> > > gnucash shows that it searches for its locales only in:
> > >
> > > /usr/local/share/locale
> > >
> > > But some locales (for example "gnucash.mo") are in:
> > >
> > > /usr/X11R6/share/locale
> > >
> > > others in:
> > >
> > > /usr/share/locale
> >
> > Good catch.  This should be fixed now.
> >
> > Joe
>
> Okay, thanks a lot! The bug with the international menus and
> messages is fixed in gnucash-1.8.1_1. Everything works fine
> except this damned Euro char @#!

Not sure.  I can definitely print a euro char in a gnucash text field.
My German is, well, non-existent, so it's tough to navigate around the
fields, but it looks like the euro char might not be used.  Have you
verified that the FreeBSD port is, in fact, different from the same app
running on Linux?

Joe