Reports and splits - not compatible

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonet.ca
Sun Feb 23 17:23:40 CST 2003

* Derek Atkins (warlord at MIT.EDU) wrote:

> Sure, but this is still a one-to-many transaction.  It's a
> split-transaction between Bank and Income:Rent, Income:Daycare, and
> Cash, so I still don't see how you've got multiple credits and multiple
> debits in this transaction.  It should look something like this:
>
> Bank            100
> Cash                    25
> I:Rent                  25
> I:Daycare               50
>
> So I'm still not clear how you're getting such a "strange" (IMHO) transaction.
Sorry -- I'm making two entirely different transactions.  I did a
couple, and it works fine, because the transfer from Cash to Bank
doesn't need to show up in the report.

Transaction 1:
Cash             100
I:Daycare                100

Transaction 2:
Bank             350
I:Strata                 100
I:Pool                   100
Cheque                   450
Transfer                 100

It _is_ a bit of a kludge, but it works for now.

Cheers

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.