Install problem 1.7.6 - Unk Library

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
06 Jan 2003 02:10:04 +1100

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 15:24, John Reynolds wrote:
> The new error is similar, and at the same place:
>
> checking if guile needs our copy of (guile www)... yes
> checking for gnome-config... /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-config
> checking for xmlNewDoc in -lxml... no
> configure: error: Could not link sample xml program
>
> Now it does not complain about the missing lib, just that it can't link
> to it. I ran ldconfig (after checking its usage). Still same error. Any
> ideas on this one. Thank you all for your kindness.
> John

The very first thing I'd check is that you installed the libxml-devel
package and NOT the libxml2-devel package. Gnucash uses libxml 1.

If that isn't the problem, have a look at the config.log file in the top
level of your source tree - at the bottom of that file you should see
the actual compile/link that causes the error, and you can often find a
more meaningful error there. Feel free to respond to this list with what
you find if it isn't immediately obvious.

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford  (conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   |  url - http://www.watersprite.com.au/