1.7.7rc2: Argument list too long

Fabian Ritzmann usefri@gmx.net
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 21:29:47 +0200

Hi,

I just tried to upgrade from Gnucash 1.6.8 to 1.7.7rc2. I built my own
Debian package from the tarball and that went fine. But when I try to
start gnucash, the CPU usage goes up to 100% for appr. 10-15 minutes and
then it bails out:

~$ gnucash --debug
/usr/bin/gnucash: /usr/bin/gnucash: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Argument
list too long
/usr/bin/gnucash: /usr/bin/gnucash: Success

This is on a Debian 3.0 system with quite a number of packages from
unstable. Any ideas what's going on or how I could narrow down the
problem?

Fabian

--
You will have many recoverable tape errors.