running gnucash-1.7.7

Kai Nielsen kn@mortal.de
07 Jan 2003 08:31:14 +0100

Moin!

Am Die, 2003-01-07 um 00.44 schrieb Chris Vine:
> Hi,
>
> I have managed to get gnucash-1.6.8 and gnucash-1.7.6 to compile and work, but
> gnucash-1.7.7 is defeating me.
>
> It compiled without error, but when starting it up I get the following guile
> error message:
>
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: file not found
>
> Running 'strace gnucash' shows the error set out below (last 100 or so lines
> included).  Sure enough, /usr/lib/libgw-gnc.la or
> /usr/lib/gnucash/libgw-gnc.la do not exist.

I had exactly the same problem, when I tried it. I also found out about
the missing lib using strace. However, I am on gentoo, and first I tried
to build a gentoo package using building instrunctions from an older
versions.
I then build the package by hand, and the libraries where build and
installed correctly, so they *do* get build. When I installed by hand, I
also added the "--enable-gui" switch which I didn't have when I first
tried to build a proper package. Perhaps that made the difference.
*shrug*

Yours,

Kai.