running gnucash-1.7.7

Chris Vine chris@cvine.freeserve.co.uk
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 21:08:40 +0000

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 8:38 pm, Chris Vine wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 January 2003 7:31 am, Kai Nielsen wrote:

[snip]

> > I had exactly the same problem, when I tried it. I also found out about
> > the missing lib using strace. However, I am on gentoo, and first I tried
> > to build a gentoo package using building instrunctions from an older
> > versions.
> > I then build the package by hand, and the libraries where build and
> > installed correctly, so they *do* get build. When I installed by hand, I
> > also added the "--enable-gui" switch which I didn't have when I first
> > tried to build a proper package. Perhaps that made the difference.
> > *shrug*
> >
> > Yours,
> >
> > Kai.
>
> Damn.  I was hoping you were going to come up with a magic wand!  Getting
> everything to fit together with gnucash is a real nightmare.  It's great
> when it works, but it's hard getting there.
>
> I will try recompiling with the --enable-gui switch and see if that helps.

It was a magic wand after all.  Unlikely as it may sound, it works correctly
when gnucash is configured with --enable-gui.  With that configure option, it
builds /usr/lib/libgw-gnc.so, etc.

I built/run it under gnome-2 (although I also have gnome-1.4 installed).  I
wonder if that was confusing the configure system?

Chris.