RPM installation on KDE

Andrew Stone exister99@hotmail.com
Tue Jan 14 17:48:59 CST 2003

Hello All,

I am back at using RPM's in my seemingly endless quest to install gnucash on
my system.  When I do:

$ rpm -i gnucash-1.6.6-7.i386.rpm

with the rpm supplied with RH 8.0 I get the following:

warning: gnucash-1.6.6-7.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID db42a60e
error: Failed dependencies:
	libguppi.so.16 is needed by gnucash-1.6.6-7
	libguppitank.so.16 is needed by gnucash-1.6.6-7
	libg-wrap-runtime-guile.so.2 is needed by gnucash-1.6.6-7

Last time I ran into this I spent hours chasing down all manner of obscure
libraries to no avail.  Does anyone know a quick way to resolve these failed
dependencies?

Thanks in advance, Andrew Stone