GnuCash 1.7.7 build problems

dot com ruppie30@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 20:04:19 CST 2003

I hope this is the correct list for the following
question...

I get an error when building GnuCash 1.7.7 (and 1.7.6,
1.7.5, 1.7.4).  The error I recieve is related to
libgncmod-gnome-utils.so.  The error is first
encountered in while building the src/app-file/test
directory.  I don't have the exact error available
(but can post the make output if needed), but it has
to do with symbol gnome_app_helper_gettext not
available in the above library.

If I edit the Makefile and remove 'test' directory, if
happily proceeds until it reaches the next test
directory, and promptly fails again.  This will
continue until the build has completed, and I run
'make install'.  When I try to run gnucash, I get
similar error output as stated above
(gnome_app_helper_gettext in libgncmod_gnome_utils.so)
and after the splashscreen and new user dialogs are
presented (allowing me to select from the list of
accounts, etc...) it promptly crashes.

I have searched everywhere I can think of over the
past several days but haven't been able to come up
with anything.  Does anyone else see this error?

My specifics:
gcc 3.2
glibc 2.2.5
g-wrap 1.3.4
running gnome 2 with all the appropriate gnome 1.4
libs for gnucash (verified against 1.6.8)
slib2d2
guile 1.4.1

I have also tried the cvs version of GnuCash, which
still produces the above library error.

I have been using GnuCash 1.6.x for over a year now
and love it, I'm looking very forward to the new
version and ofx support.

Any help is appreciated,
Chris