DATEV Export, german relevant only

Thomas Templin thomas.templin@nexgo.de
Sun Jan 19 08:04:56 CST 2003

Hello
Are there any plans to implement a DATEV Export in GnuCash?
Up to now the functionality of GnuCash makes it interesting as a=20
tool for small and may be midrange companies.
But in Germany there is a defacto file standard called DATEV for=20
use as transfer format to tax bueros which are doing the tax=20
relevant job for most small and medium companies.
This plus a widget for creating so called Industrie Kontenrahmen,=20
which is a standard account set for buisines use, this could bring=20
a boost in a wider akceptance of GnuCash in a small company=20
environment in germany.

Ive had the first contact to a regional bank house here in northern=20
germany ant got the chance to introduce GnuCash to them. I have to=20
say they have been quite impressed and are only mentioning the=20
lack of DATEV exportr and a widget for creating a=20
Industriekontenrahmen.

I will have a further meeting with them in the next weeks and will=20
try to make propaganda for the idea to donate for such an=20
implementation. Is there anyone here in germany who also has such=20
contacts? May be it might be interesting to coordinate such a=20
"project".=20
A german GnuCash list may be another step in a better acceptance.=20
Then you dont have to sustain my pidgin english -or is it endure=20
my pidgin english, hmm, its "ertragen" in german-  :)

Bye,
Thomas

--=20
Thomas Templin * Paul-Hug-Strasse 60 * 26382 Wilhelmshaven
Phone: +49 4421 508350 * PoBox 2915 * 26365 Wilhelmshaven
Fachkraft f=FCr Agitation und Propaganda im Dienste Freier Software
Wir reden von Freier Software - http://www.fsfeurope.org