A problem with stock quotes

Tony Bloomfield tonyb.lx@btinternet.com
Tue Jan 21 16:52:32 CST 2003

Using gnucash-1.7.7 and Finance::Quote 1.06.

I can get online quotes for shares quoted on Yahoo Europe. But when I try=
=20
getting prices for UK Unit Trusts, I get the error message

'There was an unknown error while retrieving the price quotes'.

Any idea how I can find the source of this error? I have verified that the=
=20
following perl program produces correct results, so it would seem that the=
=20
problem lies in gnucash rather than F::Q.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use lib 'Finance-Quote-1.06/lib';
use Finance::Quote;
my $q =3D Finance::Quote->new();
%quotes =3D $q->trustnet ("jupiter income");=20
# above also works with $q->uk_unit_trusts
# print some selected values
print  $quotes {"jupiter income", "last"},
"\n";
# loop over and print all values.
# Notes that values are stored ion a multi-dimensional associative array
foreach $k (sort (keys %quotes)) {
     ($sym, $attr) =3D split ($;, $k, 2);
     $val =3D $quotes {$sym, $attr};
     # $val =3D $quotes {$k};     # this also works, if desired ...
     print "\t$sym $attr =3D\t $val\n";
}
print "\n\n";

produces=20
------------

linux:/home/tonyb/gnucash # perl test.pl
Use of uninitialized value in print at test.pl line 18.

        jupiter income ask =3D     3.0007
        jupiter income bid =3D     2.8207
        jupiter income currency =3D        GBP
        jupiter income date =3D    01/21/2003
        jupiter income exchange =3D        Trustnet
        jupiter income method =3D  trustnet
        jupiter income name =3D    jupiter income
        jupiter income price =3D   2.8207
        jupiter income source =3D  http://www.trustnet.co.uk/
        jupiter income success =3D         1
        jupiter income yield =3D   3.87