DATEV Export, german relevant only

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Wed Jan 22 12:34:29 CST 2003

Hello,

Thomas Templin wrote:

> Hello
> Are there any plans to implement a DATEV Export in GnuCash?

Thanks for the question. No, there are no plans to implement a DATEV
export in gnucash, yet, because there is only 1 (in words: one) German
developer working on Gnucash, and this guy (me) happens to be busy
enough with the recent HBCI stuff.

If you or some more people want to go for it, your ideas are greatly
welcomed and very appreciated. Gnucash has a TXF export feature, which
is basically the equivalent thing in the US. So there is already some
code which can serve as an example, and the basic features are all there.

As usual, you are very much invited to send your patches to
gnucash-patches@gnucash.org. If you or some other German developers
start to regularly contribute code, we could also think about CVS
access, but of course for a start you should simply submit patches to
that mailing list.

> This plus a widget for creating so called Industrie Kontenrahmen,
> which is a standard account set for buisines use, this could bring
> a boost in a wider akceptance of GnuCash in a small company
> environment in germany.

If you create a new file in Gnucash (File->New), you can choose from
some account templates which are taken from the source directory
accounts/de_DE. All you would need to do is write a new account template
following the Industriekontenrahmen. If you've done something like that,
then simply send your account file to gnucash-patches, and I or somebody
else will transform it into an account template and submit it into CVS.

> Ive had the first contact to a regional bank house here in northern
> germany ant got the chance to introduce GnuCash to them.

Cool. Which bank? I happen to live in Hamburg, so if you need some
further expertise in that area, feel free to contact me.