postgres backend ???

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 26 14:57:29 CST 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 08:59, George Osvald wrote:
> I've installed the latest version of gnucash and would like to try using it
> with postgresql. Where can I find some info how to set up a postgres backend?
> (I downloaded the backend srpm)

If by latest you mean "1.7.8", then read on.  If you're using 1.6.x,
don't use the PG backend.

Presumably your backend srpm has the same directory structure as the
main source package--look at gnucash/src/backend/postgres/README.  It's
go some pretty good instructions.

The PG backend is currently in a state of re-write.  It's quite slow in
multi-user mode.  It does not support any of the new features coming out
like Scheduled Transactions or any of the business functionality.  If
you don't need any of the new functionality of Gnucash, then it ought to
work well enough.
--
Matthew Vanecek
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me.