postgres backend ???

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 18:24:29 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 09:34, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 02:57:29PM -0600, Matthew Vanecek was heard to remark:
> > If you're using 1.6.x,
> > don't use the PG backend.
>
> Why not?

It's broken.  There have been reports of lost/corrupt data.  I couldn't
get it to work myself--queries were malformed due to a bug in the SQL
query build/Query parser somewhere, resulting in no data displaying in
the registers.  Due to the impending stoppage of development on 1.6.x, I
decided to start looking at the CVS version, especially since the
backend architecture changed so much.  David P., I believe it was, was
the one who suggested that to me (implicitly--he said something to the
effect that the 1.6.x version architecture had been reworked in CVS and
it might be better to look at that).  As you can see, it's been a while.
;)

--
Matthew Vanecek
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me.