Trouble with GC

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 2 00:47:49 CDT 2003

Bo Najdrovsky <bo at najdrovsky.com> writes:

> Excellent... that did it. I don't understand why, since they should've
> been the exact same RPM's as what was on the system already, but
> whatever.  GC now works, even the gnucash version 1.8.4 that I built
> from the sources.  Thanks for the info!

No, they were not the same -- the versions you had before were
compiled against different versions of guile.

As I've said repeatedly here, and I'll repeat it again for the
archives: You **MUST** install the gnucash binary compiled
SPECIFICALLY for your EXACT release version.  Installing a version
built against any other version _will not work_.  You cannot use
a RH8 gnucash binary on RH7.x or RH9.  You cannot use a RH7.x
binary on RH8 or RH9.  You cannot use a RH9 binary on RH8 or RH7.x

I'm glad it's working for you.  Enjoy!