upgrade question

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 3 10:51:20 CDT 2003

Rene,

that would be appreciated, but I suspect everyone's Solaris environment
is going to look different.  I've had GnuCash on Solaris for a while,
but it's just not worth packaging because gnome, guppi, guile, db, etc.
are all "my own".

There are just too many dependencies that have to match (in particular
guile, and g-wrap, but other packages depend on those as well).  I just
don't see how a Solaris package is at all practical given how much "extra"
software you need to get gnucash going.

I DO appreciate the offer, and if you can write up a short "this is what
I had to do to get it working for me" we can put it somewhere.  But
I just dont see how a binary package (for solaris) is helpful.

-derek