investment data entering

Bill Suit bsuit at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 6 12:09:56 CDT 2003

Using v.1.8.4. I'm using the online manual to set up my investment
accounts.

Assets-investments-brokerage accounts-vanguard-mutual funds-522 is the
example I'll use.522 is the fund identifier used by vanguard and is what
I have named my account after.

I've noted Fredrik Persson's July 1st post on the topic and don't fully
understand exactly what he did.

To keep this simple. On 09/16/02 I gave vanguard $5,000.00. In return
they gave me: 432.90 shares, priced at $11.55 per share of fund #522.

How and where should I enter this information. All of the permutations I
could think of have (appeared to) failed.I say appeared to fail, as
maybe what it's done is correct and I just don't recognise it TIA, Bill