Reconciling problem

Matthew Harris mharris at litech.org
Mon Jul 7 22:52:55 CDT 2003

Hey all,

Thanks very much for GnuCash.  I used it for a short while about five
years ago, and when I rediscovered it last month I was definitely
impressed by how much it's grown up.

Here's my problem: I entered transactions from a bunch of old account
statements.  Occasionally I'd be missing a statement (or my account
balance would otherwise be wrong) and I'd enter a correction value and
reconcile it.  Then I later find the missing statement and enter the
transactions.  GnuCash warns me when I remove the old correction that
it might mess up my reconciled balance, but I thought that meant it
would subtract the value of the transaction from the reconciled amount,
not that it would leave my reconciled amount independent from the
transactions!  How can I bring it back down to reality?  I looked at
the reconcile-info slot for the account in the XML file, but I don't
see anything that looks related to the account balance.

TIA.

Matthew