gnucash web interface

marthter marthter at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 8 16:29:36 CDT 2003

Hi,

I vaguely remember reading (a while back, somewhere on the web) that
GnuCash had some sort of a web interface.  This would be an awesome
feature in my situation because there is a small business operating out
of our house and it would be great if multiple family members could
enter expenses and stuff from their own PCs, rather than going down to
the GnuCash PC and interrupting that person.

I could find no information on this in the help, or on the GnuCash web
site.  Google for ' gnucash "web interface" ' turned up a bunch of
incidental matches and this Linux Journal article:

But the only mention of "web interface" is in passing at the end of this
paragraph:

"If needed, this program can grow with your business: recently
multi-user support has been added, using a PostgreSQL back end. In the
case of a growing enterprise, it is easy to imagine that you may have to
enter a lot of transactions in a short time. This can be realized using
the Import function, which uses QIF data files. A web interface also can
be added."

Anyway, that article was June 2002 and GnuCash 1.4 (it seems) so I don't
know how relevant that is.  I am afraid that the "web interface" they
are referring to is just the ability to use the help browser as a web
browser (or perhaps the web interface for price quotes).

Can anyone point me to more information on GnuCash's rumoured "web
interface"?  Or suggest any other approaches to my multi-user situation
(given not all family members are running Linux)?

Thanks a lot.

~Martin