Searching for list topics via google site:gnucash.org ...

Jim Stead jstead1 at twcny.rr.com
Tue Jul 8 19:00:51 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 05:20 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jim Stead <jstead1 at twcny.rr.com> writes:
> > I don't believe google would pick up on posts in the mailing
> > list. Google searches the web and usenet.  The mailing list is on
> > neither. If you want to search previous, you can look at previous
> > posts here:
>
> Google will certainly find the archives, assuming Linas hasn't
> turned off robots -- the archives are available on the web.
>
> > www.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/
> > or you can download the whole archive:
> > http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user.mbox/gnucash-user.m
> >box
>
> -derek
Sorry, wasn't thinking.
The robots are still turned on and should follow all the way to the
message level to index.

Even so, doing a search for items within the last year on:

pipermail 2003 "gnucash-user" -gnucash-devel site:www.gnucash.org

(that's all one line)
should give me anything on the gnucash site with pipermail (where the
archives are that has gnucash-user in it and doesn't have
gnucash-devel ( I did that because I got tons of gnucash-devel
mailings if I did not)

But I get nothing.

The only things that google has in the last year are gnucash-devel and
gnucash-patches postings (and one gnucash-de post).

--

Jim