Gnucash Help: URL not found

John Zoetebier john.zoetebier at transparent.co.nz
Wed Jul 9 12:53:25 CDT 2003

On 08 Jul 2003 18:55:40 -0400, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> John Zoetebier <john.zoetebier at transparent.co.nz> writes:
>
>> Still no luck with this package.
>> I ran ./configure, make, make install.
>> However nothing show up in help.
>> Could it be that the configure script assumes a particular default
>> folder which is different for /opt/gnome/gnucash ?
>
> Uh, yea..  All packages assume a default of /usr/local unless you
> specify a --prefix during configure.

Finally :)
For anybody else wanting to install help on SuSE 8.2
- extract gnucash-docs TAR file somewhere like ~/download/gnucash-docs-
1.8.1
- Change folder to ~/download/gnucash-docs-1.8.1
- install any missing packages like scroll-keeper
- ./configure /opt/gnome
- make
- su to root
- make install

I have no idea what kind of end-user the developers have in mind, but for
the average end-user the beforementioned procedure is a tick too
complicated for my taste.
Maybe end-users on other continents are infinitisimally smarter than in New
Zealand ;)

--
John Zoetebier
Web site: http://www.transparent.co.nz