Questions about stock assets

Daniel Hannum dhannum at magicdan.net
Wed Jul 9 20:16:37 CDT 2003

Just two quick things that came to mind.

1. Is there any use in keeping old prices of stocks? I don't think so,
but I want to be sure. The purchase/sale prices can be derived from the
transaction itself. It might be nice to track portfolio value on a
graph, but gnucash provides no graph report to do that.

2. I believe that the "Net Assets" display at the top of the main window
only includes solid assets. (i.e. everything except floating
securities). This is evidenced by the drop down box that tells me my
current assets of all securities that I hold. However, I would like to
know my total net worth, with current portfolio value included. I
believe that the "Net Worth Barchart" will tell me that (can't be sure.
I'm just going by what the graph looks like). But that's an estimate. Is
there a report that will give me a full net worth report, exactly? I
didn't see one.

thanks

dan