Sales tax rounding and other rounding issues

John Zoetebier john.zoetebier at transparent.co.nz
Thu Jul 10 16:55:11 CDT 2003

When I receive a bill from a vendor quite often the sales tax calculated by
gnucash is 1 cent out.
At the moment I solve this bu adding tenths of cents until the right sales
tax is shown.
It would be very handy if the sales tax field was writable.
That way I can set it directly in accordance with the vendor invoice.

An other usefull feature would be to select the type of rounding:
1) >= 0.5 rouded up
2) <= 0.5 rounded down

It looks like most packages use method 1

In addition I feel that invoices should work on 1 cent accurate.
It is pointless to have the total invoice amount show a figure like 25.4295
In some cases Process Payment shows an amoutn different from the actual
bill, which means I have to fiddle with the bill amount until the payment
amount is equal to the bill amount.

--
John Zoetebier
Web site: http://www.transparent.co.nz