Cross-reporting ?

John Altstadt altstadt at telus.net
Fri Jul 11 11:34:54 CDT 2003

Hi Thiers,

I asked about this a while ago and had a couple of excellent responses.
Check back in the list archives.

Some of the suggestions included creating separate accounts for John and
Mary under the appropriate accounts, or put the class information in
descriptions, or actions. Unfortunately, none of the suggestions given
at the time really worked for me.

What I finally settled on was to re-use the "Num" field, since I rarely
write cheques. The Num field is visible in all account views and it is
easy to select in the Find dialog.

It is quite easy to give all the options a try with some dummy
information. After trying out several methods over a few days, I
abandoned Quicken.

John