Inserting transactions into Gnucash from a script?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 16 00:53:37 CDT 2003

inserting into XML directly would be a Bad Idea (TM), IMHO..  I know
of no way to really do this "automatically" -- generaly you need to
import via to GUI to make sure your account are match properly.  For
example, how do you insert a transaction that has a Payee of "xxxyyyzzz"
into your chart of accounts?  You need to map xxxyyyzzz to some
gnucash account, but there is no way to do that automatically....

So, the importers require a UI.

-derek