Reconciling w/o statement???

Jack McKinney jackmc-gnucash at lorentz.com
Thu Jul 17 22:36:14 CDT 2003

Big Brother tells me that James Leone wrote:
> jackmc-gnucash at lorentz.com wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> >For the last couple of years I have been using my own web-based
> >accounting system to manage my books.  I recently decided to try GnuCash
> >again, and am finding myself about to give up and go back to my web
> >system.
> >
> You can modify Gnucash to your liking. Quoted from gnu.org:

    I understand the concept of free software quite well.  I am asking if
gnucash already has this feature somewhere.

> >In my system, I show two balances for my bank accounts: the cleared
> >balance and the current balance.
> >
> >The cleared balance only includes entries which have been marked as
> >cleared.
> >
> >Everyday, I go to my bank's web site to check what has cleared and mark
> >them off.
> >
> Yes, that's where you would find the "cleared balance" as you define it.

     I know where to find the cleared balance on my web site.  I do not
see where to go find it in GnuCash.

> No, but you can check your web page.

     Why are you replying to posts that you aren't even reading???

     I am not as interested in the balance itself as I am with comparing
it to the one on my bank's web page.  If I cannot find this balance in
GnuCash, I cannot compare it to the one on my bank's page.  I like to
check this number against my bank everyday so that I can detect errors
much more quickly than once a month.