Custom reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 18 11:53:50 CDT 2003

Dany Veilleux <dany at darkstorm.ca> writes:

> To do so, I would need help. I don't mind to develop it but I need your
> help to start. I believe that the reports are developped with Guile. Am
> I right? Is it possible to do what I want with Guile or should I learn
> to read the XML file format directly?

Yes, the reports are written in Guile (which is scheme, a dialect of
lisp).  It is certainly possible to do what you want with Guile.  You
can start with a report that is close to what you want (P&L?) and
modify it to suit your needs.  If your changes are "optional" or if
you make a new report out of it, please feel free to send it back to
gnucash-patches at gnucash.org to get included in future releases.