Cannot fetch currency

Claus Atzenbeck claus.atzenbeck at freenet.de
Mon Jul 21 20:32:23 CDT 2003

Hi!

I have created some accounts with foreign currencies. I have select
the check box for downloading the current values.

When gnucash is fetching the current prices for stocks and it comes to
currencies (e.g. USD), I always get an error message saying that the
fetching of ISO4217:USD could not be done, the same with other
currencies.

Here is the German version of this error message:

        Abrufen von Börsenkursen für diese Werte fehlgeschlagen:
        ISO4217:USD
        Mit den benutzbaren Kursen fortsetzen?

I am using gnucash 1.8.4 on MacOS X. I was running
update-finance-quote with its default installation setup.

Any idea how I can get gnucash/Perl to fetch currencies?

Thanks!
Claus