UK company VAT account structure, updated

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 22 11:14:35 CDT 2003

Hi,

Please CC gnucash-user on __ALL__ replies

Vincent V <vincentv at dsl.pipex.com> writes:

> I presume that is simply a matter of using the 'export' facility, but
> where do I send it - the mailing list strips out attachments? It also
> needs the brief notes on how to use it, they could be 'embedded' into
> the account notes but it would be clearer if they were separate.

It's a bit more than that, but basically, yea.  You start with a
File -> Export -> Accounts and then you need to hand-massage the
account tree to make it look like an xea file.  Take a look at an
existing xea file for an example.

Then send it to gnucash-patches; it does not strip out attachments.

As for "how to use it", well, that's a completely different problem,
and there isn't much way to put that into an xea file.