Gnucash on Windows and Searching Mailing list

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 24 19:01:41 CDT 2003

Luugi Marsan <lmarsan at matrox.com> writes:

> Thats the best way of using gnucash?? I myself have Linux installed at
> work and at home. This is for my girlfriend. There's no way I'm going
> to make her do all of this for one application. I've been using
> gnucash for a month and I love it. Now my girlfriend wants to use it,
> but without  repartionning her drive or buying another hardrive or
> setting up a server. :)
>
> In other ways are you telling me it's impossible to run gnucash on
> Windows? Or there's no simple way of doing it?

GnuCash is not developed on (or for) Windows.  Last I heard someone
attempted to build gnucash on windows and was able to get it to
compile after a lot of work, but the resulting application didn't run.

Quite honestly your best bet (at least if you want this in the next,
oh, 6-12 months) is to use VNC.  Yes, it requires a "server" machine
running Linux to be the VNC server, but it's something you can do
today.

We don't have many (any?) windows developers, so nobody is really
working hard on a port to windows....