Crash during graphical reports generation

MichelHardy-Vallée mhv at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 27 14:38:29 CDT 2003

Hello there,

I am running an up to date Debian Sarge on my laptop, with no foreign
packages, and compiled yesterday the tarball for Gnucash from an
official mirror. I am having guile crashes every time I try to create a
report which needs graphing. I have no troubles to create the text-only
reports. I know that Sarge does not have gnucash, so I am wondering if
the distro is still allergic to gnucash. Should I go with Sid to get a
working gnucash? Is it guppi? Is it Guile?

Considering that graphical reports are the reason why I spent my time
using Gnucash for my personal finances, any help would be more than
satisfying. Here is the relevant section of the output of ./configure:

Michel Hardy-Vallée

checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 0.99.7... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) yes
checking for dl.h... no
checking for ghttp_ssl.h... no
checking for utmp.h... yes
checking for locale.h... (cached) yes
checking for mcheck.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for wctype.h... yes
checking for dlopen... (cached) no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking for dlerror... yes
checking for library containing gettext... none required
checking for darwin... no
checking for qt_null in -lqthreads... yes
checking for main in -ltermcap... yes
checking for main in -lreadline... yes
checking for guile-config... yes
checking whether guile-config works... yes
checking for sin in -lm... yes
checking for guile libraries... -lguile -lguile-ltdl -lqthreads
-lpthread -lcrypt -lm
checking for guile headers...
checking whether guile works... yes
checking for guile... /usr/bin/guile
checking for guile - 1.3.4 <= version < 99.99.99... yes
checking for g-wrap-config... /usr/bin/g-wrap-config
checking for g-wrap - 1.3.3 <= version < 99.99.99... yes
checking for g-wrap compile args... -I /usr/include/g-wrap
checking for g-wrap link args... -L/usr/lib -lgwrap-wct -lgwrap-glib
checking for g-wrap module directory... /usr/share/guile
checking if g-wrap works...
Some deprecated features have been used.  Set the environment
variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the
program to get more information.  Set it to "no" to suppress
this message.
yes
checking if guile long_long is at least as big as gint64... yes
checking for scm_long_long2num in -lguile... yes
checking if unsigned long is at least as big as guint32... yes
checking if guile needs our copy of srfi-1... no
checking if guile needs our copy of srfi-11... no
checking if guile needs our copy of srfi-19... no
checking if guile needs our copy of srfi-2... no
checking if guile needs our copy of srfi-8... no
checking if guile needs our copy of srfi-9... no
checking if guile needs our copy of (guile www)... yes
checking for gnome-config... /usr/bin/gnome-config
checking for xmlNewDoc in -lxml... yes
checking for xmlElemDump in -lxml... yes
checking for nl_langinfo and D_FMT... yes
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for doxygen... no
checking for dbopen... no
checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no
checking for dbopen in -ldb... no
checking for __db185_open in -ldb-3... yes
checking for db_185.h... yes
checking for db1/db.h... no
checking for db4/db_185.h... no
checking for poptStrippedArgv in -lpopt... yes
checking for gnome-config... (cached) /usr/bin/gnome-config
checking if /usr/bin/gnome-config works... yes
checking for orbit-config... /usr/bin/orbit-config
checking for orbit-idl... /usr/bin/orbit-idl
checking for working ORBit environment... yes
checking for gnorba libraries... yes
checking what warning flags to pass to the C compiler... -Wall -Wunused
checking what language compliance flags to pass to the C compiler...
checking for gdk-pixbuf-config... /usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-config
checking for GDK_PIXBUF - version >= 0.2.5... yes
checking for gnome-config... (cached) /usr/bin/gnome-config
checking for GNOME-PRINT - version >= 0.21... found 0.37
checking for libglade-config... /usr/bin/libglade-config
checking for libglade... yes
checking for main in -lgal... yes
checking for gtkhtml < 1.1... checking for gtk_html_new in -lgtkhtml...
yes
checking for ghttp_request_new in -lghttp... yes
checking for ghttp_enable_ssl in -lghttp... no
configure: warning: ****** ghttp does not have SSL support.
checking for main in -lzvt... yes
checking for main in -loaf... yes
checking for gnome-config... (cached) /usr/bin/gnome-config
checking for libguppi - version >= 0.35.1... yes
checking for pthread_mutex_init... yes
checking for strptime... yes
checking for localtime_r... yes
checking what extra warning flags to pass to the C compiler...  -Werror
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status