Crash during graphical reports generation

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Mon Jul 28 11:30:18 CDT 2003

On Sunday 27 July 2003 19:38, Michel Hardy-Vallée wrote:
> reports. I know that Sarge does not have gnucash, so I am wondering if
> the distro is still allergic to gnucash. Should I go with Sid to get a
> working gnucash? Is it guppi? Is it Guile?

I successfully use gnucash from sid.

Note: you don't need to update your whole system to sid just to use gnucash.
Read the apt_preferences manual, put

========
Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 600

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 700

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 800

Package: *
Pin-Priority: 50
========

or something like this in /etc/apt/preferences (I said to read the manpage -
then you know what you're doing), add sources for unstable to
/etc/apt/sources.list (don't delete the lines for testing/sarge) and 'apt-get
install -t unstable gnucash'

I run a mix between sarge and sid for quite a while now with very few
problems. Just be careful if you do dist-upgrade (I tend not to use it and
just apt-get upgrade)

HTH
-- vbi

--
NOTE: my email addresses in usenet postings change frequently!