compile error: gettext ?

Jens Ansorg liste at ja-web.de
Mon Jul 28 12:44:21 CDT 2003

David Hampton wrote:

>On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 04:33, Jens Ansorg wrote:
>

>>hm, still no go ...
>>
>>I went back to gettext-0.11.5 and it still complains about the
>>/var/tmp/portage/gnucash-1.8.4/work/gnucash-1.8.4/src/gnome-utils/.libs/libgncmod-gnome-utils.so: undefined reference to `gnome_app_helper_gettext'
>>
>>but the only reference to that fucntion I could find is gnome-2 related:
>>http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/libgnomeui/libgnomeui-gnome-app-helper.html#GNOME-APP-HELPER-GETTEXT
>>

>Did you compile your own gnome sources?  This function is present in the
>1.4 sources, but is conditionally compiled based upon the state of the
>ENABLE_NLS flag.
>
>David

I use Gentoo-Linux, so everything is compiled from source.

The interesting thing is: I maintaina Desktop and a Notebook.
boot systems are nerly identical: Gentoo-Linux, Gnome-2.3 developer
series, Gnucash 1.8.4

On the notebook gnucas compiles, on the desktop not.

I'll take a look at the compile settings when I'm back home. There si an
option for NLS, perhaps this is the difference on the two machines

where exactly in the 1.4 sources did you find this function?

thanks
Jens