how to print checks?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Jul 28 15:39:48 CDT 2003

I found some docs for printing checks in
share/gnome/help/gnucash/C/gnucash-help.xml, but I can't find it in the
browsable "Gnucash help" windows. Any ideas on how to find this
    <sect3 id="print-check">
section in the docs?

Anyways, the xml version says "To access the check printing feature in
GnuCash, select the transaction to print a check for and go to File ->
Print Check."

For about five years, I have been printing bank checks based on bank codes
and information given to me by various customers. I have check paper, MICR
fonts, and I print onto that paper. Is there anyway to use the check
printing option in gnucash to print without having to store any of the
data in any transaction? Basically, I jsut want to enter in every field
and let it print (formatted to standard 3-checks to 8.5 inch by 11 inch
paper).

I am also looking at FreeCheck (http://lager.dyndns.org/freecheck/) and
Makecheque (http://www.hajhouse.org/linux/makecheque/).

Thanks,