Scheduled transactions documentation

Trevor Barton tmb at isotek.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 09:42:18 CDT 2003

Phil wrote:
> oops, forgot to hit reply-all.
>
>> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:52:11 -0300, Jon Lapham
>> <lapham at extracta.com.br> wrote:

>>> So, should I hold off on putting it into the docs?  Maybe, I should
>>> even say that it isn't very stable to use?
>>>
>>> -Jon
>>>

>> FWIW, I use scheduled transactions for my paycheck and recurring
>> expenses that are always the same amount and charged to my credit card
>> automatically.
>>
>> Phil

Yes, I held off using GnuCash (from Quicken) until 1.8.1 because of the lack of
SX's.  I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in the UK direct debit
of generally fixed amounts is very common to pay for all sorts of things from
mortgages to the electricity bill and society membership.  I guess I have about
fifteen or twenty going out from my account each month with a few more quarterly
and annually.  Sadly, most out, and only salary coming in!

Still, I've not yet encountered a showstopping bug, but then I'm really only
doing fixed amount forever transactions, and adjusting some of them manually in
the register if they vary.

Trev

--
Trevor Barton
Isotek Electronics Ltd., 9 Clayton Wood Bank, Leeds, LS16 6QZ, UK.