Problems with Finance:Quote and Gnucash 1.84

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Tue Jul 29 07:40:34 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 02:15, Ernst Lehmann wrote:
> But when I start gnucash and set up some Stocks, I can not use the
> online-update mechanism. The whole part is ghosted. But there comes no
> error like "Quote::Finance not found, or not installed correct".

Gnucash can run without the F::Q module, so lack thereof is not a fatal
error.  Everything works without F::Q except for online updating, as you
discovered.  There should be an error message in the account editing
dialog.  Where you would normally enable quote retrieval it should say
"Warning: Finance::Quote not installed properly."

> When I start the  perl-modules by hand, it works, I tried the example in
> the finance-quote-helper and it works.

Did you try running the finance-quote-check script that is installed
with gnucash?  You could also try running the update-finance-quote
script to invoke CPAN and download the missing module.

David