Gnu-cash with Java

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Tue Jul 29 13:10:01 CDT 2003

To put it in a different way:

There is an informal 'gaurentee' that the engine API will continue
to work & be backwards compatible with older database formats.
There's no such gaurentee with the actual tables themselves.
In fact, the opposite: there is a special table that deals with
different versions so that gnucash can auto-update to newer
sql db schema when these come into being.

--linas

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 01:39:03PM -0400, marthter was heard to remark:
> Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> >marthter <marthter at yahoo.ca> writes:
> >

> >>I'm guessing here, but if you set up GnuCash with the Postgres
> >>database as the back-end data store,
[...]